Scientific Proof That Your Child Is a Genius

Posted in: Featured, Parenting

(28 comments)  Hey Single Moms & Friends,

Do you consider your child a genius? In most school systems, only a handful of kids are chosen for gifted-and-talented programs. If your child isn’t selected (as most aren’t) does this mean that he or she isn’t gifted?

Today’s guest, international educator Paul Scheele, answers with an emphatic “No!” And he cites the latest scientific brain research to prove why. “Your child,” says Paul, “absolutely is a genius.”

As parents, this revelation can spur the single most important gift we can give our children: to help them recognize and live in their “genius zone.”

In this show, you’ll learn

• ·      how to identify your children’s unique brand of genius
  • ·      how to encourage their genius potential, even if they’re struggling in school
  • ·      why schools may not be teaching to your kids’ learning preference, and what to do about it
  • ·      how parents and educators inadvertently “de-genius” children

You’ll also hear stories of how kids get “wounded” in school and come to  incorrect conclusions like “I’m not smart. I’m not good at math. I’m not…”—conclusions that can limit them for the rest of their lives. Change those conclusions, and help your kids live lives of genius!

LISTEN TO PAUL SCHEELE AND JULIA: CLICK HERE
Were you ever wounded in school? Was this show useful? Leave a comment.

29 Responses to Scientific Proof That Your Child Is a Genius

• Wendy Johnson

Replied on: November 1, 2011, 6:07 am

Hi there! Fantastic stuff, do tell me whenever you post once again something like this particular! I always thought that children in schools weren’t being taught in a way that would reach them– why else would the drop out rate be so high? I understand how challenging this may be on teachers that are overworked and who have a rigid system to work in. Have you heard about this school: http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-immersion-enota

Replied on: November 2, 2011, 9:57 am

OMG!!! I just read about this school. So cool you know about it too! Wow! IMAGINE all schools adopting this kind of learning. I think we need this kind of approach put on a mass scale.

• Lashonda Defeo

Replied on: November 2, 2011, 7:14 am

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the subject and found most individuals will consent with your website.

Replied on: November 2, 2011, 1:21 pm

Lashonda, You can check out Howard Gardner’s work too. He’s credited as the originator of the idea of multiple intelligence of children and different styles of learning.

• Timmy

Replied on: November 3, 2011, 12:43 pm

Super message about seeing our children as “geniuses,” I truly count on updates from you, and to see what you post next.

• Bailey

Replied on: November 7, 2011, 7:25 am

I recently discovered your article and show. I wish to convey my appreciation for the topics you cover, particularly this one with Paul Scheele. I would like to know more about how to access my daughters genius potential. I found the show really interesting.

• Samantha

Replied on: November 12, 2011, 1:45 am

I like what this guy has to say about kids and being creative genius. and how the world needs more creativity, and creative learners not robot learners like the schools are doing now. >> http://www.ted.com/speakers/sir_ken_robinson.html

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 10:13 am

I’m a big fan of Sir Ken Robinson too! Thanks for linking to his TED talks!! Great Share.

• G Anderson

Replied on: November 12, 2011, 4:30 am

I don’t think success is so much about “genius” as being persistent and dedicated. Why don’t you talk more about this?

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 10:08 am

I agree. But imagine being “persistent and dedicated” in an area you really love and love doing. It moves you MILES ahead of those just pushing themselves on painfully. You’re absolutely right. Theres more to success than just identify one’s gifts. It’s really what you do about it then!

• Colleen

Replied on: November 12, 2011, 5:54 am

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article and show is awesome, great written and you and Paul cover some great points. I have to say I feel kind of overwhelmed though… how do you know if your child is gifted at something?

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 10:04 am

“Gifted” isn’t something only a few people have; everyone got it somewhere— and the good news is “Gifted leaves clues” In my book, “If I Were Your Daddy, This Is What You’d Learn” educator Dr. John Demartini gives you 12 ways to tell what your child is gifted at. Similarly, Nobel Peace Prize winning Dad, Dr. Henry Abraham, describes how he helped his daughter identify her gifts. Reading how two dads helped their kids discover whats good, and gifted about them might help make things crystal clear! It’s not as hard as it might seem. All the best!- Julia

• Betina

Replied on: November 12, 2011, 5:54 am

I sent your show link to our principal. I’m going to suggest that our school start to teach to the other modalities of intelligence. This was great research. Can you have Paul back on? Thx!

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 9:59 am

Thanks for passing the show info on… There are schools around the country that are teaching to, and bringing out multiple intelligences.

About paul: he’s working heavily on his PhD dissertation right now– I’m so glad we got him on the show once! I’ll try and have him back next year, but make sure to check out “Drop into Genius” as it goes into much more detail than we could ever have time to talk about. – Julia

• Sara

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 12:02 am

I like this show very much– excellent information. I didn’t know Paul Scheele had kids as I’ve been a fan of his work for a while through learning strategies and they don’t talk about parenting issues ever.

• samantha w

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 1:38 am

I don’t ordinarily comment but I you and Paul rocked! My kids BOTH hate school (not doing well) and their self-confidence is suffering. While I;m trying to change them and get them into a better public school district, I’ve got to help them start seeing their “gifts.”

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 9:51 am

Samatha, statistically speaking children who are vulnerable and feel bad about themselves put themselves into more risk of being bullied. So your insight into helping them find some “wins” — and help them start to identify what’s good and special about them– “what do I like about me?” — will help them in EVERY school system. You’d like to truly start over…. and to do that your children’s feelings about themselves is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to boost. Way to go to have that insight!!

• Rita

Replied on: November 23, 2011, 4:45 am

With all these silly websites out there, your radio show keeps my internet hope alive. Paul Scheele is fascinating. Really found your interview helpful. thks

• Patty

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 2:37 am

Thanks. I want to say I share this with my book club (all women) and everyone of them is calling me saying that this show has helped them to look at their kids differently. That is, to identify and value the unique gifts of their kids. 🙂 Could you ever get Paul to come back on your show?

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 9:45 am

Hey thanks for sharing! I’m sure Paul would come back if I asked a bit later. Have you checked out his book “drop into genius” ? It’s great.

• Patty R

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 2:58 am

I somehow think that the looking for our kids genius is just as important as the outcome. We’re focused on what they’re doing right, and we’re leaving the message continually– you are a genius. What do you think? “Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” by Arthur Ashe.

Replied on: November 15, 2011, 9:41 am

I think you’re right. What in life is about the outcome. As if we discover our genius zone and that’s it… no it’s always about taking things to the next level, and growing in the process.

• Jake D

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 3:48 am

Paul Scheele and you have fascinating things to say. You definitely can’t look at your kids the same after listening to this show.

• Patty

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 3:39 pm

I really liked this show. I’m looking for signs of my three kids “genius” now 😉 Great Insights!

• Delia

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 4:28 pm

You got a very great website, Gladiolus I observed it through yahoo. I’ve never heard of Paul Scheele, but this show has gotten me interested in him. Also I glad I discovered the the “9 intelligences” of a child because it helps me appreciate my two little biddies better.

• Freddy Hertz

Replied on: November 13, 2011, 11:11 pm

Jeez… took me a minute to find my way to your blog and show but I’m glad I did. (even though I’m not a single mom–this is really relevant.) Awesome work. Appreciate your take on things and Paul’s insights. It’s amazing to me how little thought and effort people put into their stuff now a days.

• W. Muscott

Replied on: November 14, 2011, 12:56 am

I appreciate Paul’s comment to look for OPTIONS in education. My son isn’t doing too well with the traditional public school setting and I didn’t know what else to do. I’ll start looking more seriously. Thanks!

• bet365

Replied on: November 14, 2011, 2:32 am

Some truly superb posts on this site, thank you for contribution. Paul Scheele is always amazing. Interesting to hear him talk about his kids! “Always aim for achievement, and forget about success.” by Helen Hayes.

• Laurie M

Replied on: November 14, 2011, 7:43 am

My son was struggling and I told my husband to listen to this show, so he’d ease up on him and his grades. Thanks for helping me see that I need to look more closely for his gifts.